Request a free estimate.

Submit the form below and an alarm pro will contact you shortly

Home Alarm Monitoring Home Owners Commercial Fire Alarms Smart Home Contact Us

24/7 Monitoring

We never sleep, so you can

Check Your Bank Checks

Posted on September 11th, 2013 by Alert Protective


Few of us give much thought to the information we make public every time we write a personal check. In this day and age of rampant identity theft, there are some things you should consider checking when it comes to your personal banking checks, such as:

  • The next time you order new checks, instead of having your full name put on them, have just your first and middle initials and your last name put on them. If someone takes your checkbook, they will not know how you sign your checks — but your bank will know how you sign them.
  • If your bank requires that a phone number appear on your checks, always use your work phone number, not your home number.
  • If you have a P.O. Box number and a street address, only put the P.O. Box number on your checks. If you don’t have a P.O. Box, use your work address.
  • NEVER have your Social Security number printed on your checks. If it’s absolutely necessary that it appear on some checks, you can write it in yourself. If you have it printed, anyone can get it.

Most of us assume that the people who see our personal checks are honest and trustworthy. And, 99% of them are. But, by exercising a little caution, you can keep the remaining 1% from using your personal bank checks to gain access to your assets.

Back to Blog

Request a FREE Estimate

Schedule a consultation with one of our security experts:

What can we help you with? (Please select one)
Free Quote (Sales)Billing / Accounting QuestionOther
Please Select a preferred appointment time. (Optional)
Available time slots:
Monday through Friday: 8AM – 7PM
Saturday: 8AM – 3PM

Call Alert Protective Services at
(773) 685-8383
and speak with a security consultant now.
Alert Protective Services LLC

3833 N Cicero Ave Chicago, IL 60641-3623

License #127-001677

(773) 685-8383 - Sales and Service (847) 879-6134 - Central Station

(773) 545-8940 - Fax

We can monitor

almost any existing make or model for less than

Quality Alarm Systems

Ancillary Products and Services for Your Home and Business Since 1982